Change your YouTube upload defaults
If you get tired of choosing settings for each video you upload on YouTube, you can set default upload settings for all of your web uploads. You can change defaults for privacy settings, category, title, tags, comments, language, and more. Follow the instructions to set your upload defaults.
Note: Default settings only apply to video upload through your web browser on https://www.youtube.com/upload, if you upload videos via mobile, or video editor, they won't respect your default settings.
- Go to https://www.youtube.com. Sign in if you haven't already. Click on your profile picture at the top right.
- Click Creator Studio.
- Choose CHANNEL.
- Select Upload defaults.
- Change your default settings. Here are more details on what each setting does.
- Privacy: your video's privacy settings. Public will make it available to everyone browsing YouTube. Unlisted will make the video hidden, and only available to anyone with the URL to the video. Private will make the video only available to you.
- Category: choose a category for your video.
- License: We recommend you leave this section untouched.
- Title, Description, and Tags: You can set your default title, description and tags, but it's better to set these differently for each video.
- Comments and ratings: Uncheck Allow comments will disable comments for your videos. All will allow all comments, Approved will hold the comments for your approval before they are posted to your videos. Uncheck Users can view ratings for this video to hide the ratings of your video.
- If you are part of YouTube Partner program, you can also change your monetization and ad formats default settings. Otherwise, you won't see this section. More about how to enable monetization here.
- Video language: Set a language for your video, YouTube will set automatic caption based on the language you choose.
- Community contributions: check Allow viewers to contribute translated titles, descriptions, and subtitles/CC to allow your audience to contribute translations to your videos so you can reach more viewers in more languages.
- You can leave the rest untouched.
- Click Save at the top right when you're done to save your settings. Settings for individual videos can still be modify in VIDEO MANAGER.